Thursday, April 8, 2010

What Do you Call A Person That Collects Postcards?

A Deltiologist is a person who participates in "the study and collection of postcards. Compared to philately, the identification of a postcard's place and time of production can often be an impossible task because postcards, unlike stamps, are produced in a decentralized, unregulated manner. For this reason, some collectors choose to limit their acquisitions to cards by specific artists and publishers, or by time and location."(from Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment